An endless stream of thoughts
The last few days I've become aware that Amara seems to be unable to simply think. Every thought that crosses her cute little head comes tumbling right out of her mouth. Generally, this is a good thing. I know my child's dreams, worries, desires, etc. The problem arises when I cannot finish a single thought of my own because of the constant assault on my auditory system. Really, to say that she thinks aloud isn't completely accurate, because she phrases every thought as a question, requiring my attention and answer. Often, questions refer to a random conversation 3 days earlier, and I have no idea what she's talking about. Then the questioning about that particular topic continues, and my answers are usually just, yes, yes, yes...like she already knows the answers, but she's thinking it all through.
Example: We went through the Wendy's drive thru earlier today.
Her: Is there a line? Are we waiting a long time? Will the line take a long time? Are we staying anyway? Is that a loud thing? Can I have chicken nuggets? Will you order them for me? Will you say it out the window really really loud? Will he talk to you? Can you hear him?
Me: Yes. Yes. Yes. Yes. I don't know what you're talking about. Yes. Yes. Yes. Yes. Yes.
We've done all this before, and she knows the answers. At least its not why? why? why?

1 Comments:
I had a similar conversation with Annie. She eventually made me sit in the back while she placed the order for my chicken nuggets.
Post a Comment
<< Home