
I'm frequently impressed by how much Ethan seems to understand. Babies are so much smarter than we give them credit for! And how much he learns simply by watching - things I haven't intentionally taught him, or even thought about. Last night, he spent a long time playing with this shoe, trying to get it onto his foot. He must just know from watching us that shoes go on feet. He's also fascinated by putting lids on containers, and he seems to have endless patience in his attempts to do so.

He's also picked up on a few more signs. Currently, his favorite seems to be "outside," which he accompanies with the word "ide." I'm guessing this is his favorite because its generally done very passionately in an attempt to convince me to let him crawl in the grass. I think my favorite sign of his right now is "flower", where he loudly sniffs, as if smelling a flower. If you're considering doing babysigns, don't forget to consider the cuteness factor!! I love it.


He sees us do this all the time. Quite the imitator.
3 Comments:
Cute little guy. It is mazing what kids pick up. Alan learned pretty quick that we stick things into wall sockets. Yikes!
Is Alan aware that you are teaching him to cross dress? I need to come out to TN pronto ...
Actually, those are Alan's shoes, so the cross dressing problem runs deeper than you know. How's that for motivation to come to TN?
Post a Comment
<< Home