Apr 7, 2009

Trips, lately

A couple weeks ago we went to a great local farm. The focus was on strawberry picking, which we did straight out of the field. However, we also went on a tractor ride all around the farm and got to sample all kinds of fresh produce right out of the ground! When they handed us a handful of carrots with the greens still attached, I felt like a bit of a failure. We usually buy baby carrots, and I'm not even sure if my kids realized what a real carrot looks like. We've talked about how carrots grow and all, but still.... Sorry, didn't get any pictures that day.


The next week we went to SeaWorld on a field trip.  Good times were had by all, and this is the only picture I snapped the entire time.  I think it appropriately captures the highlight of the trip.  Cotton candy...  


We were also lucky enough to get invited to this ranch by a friend who volunteers there.  Its a great place at least partially devoted to helping foster children.  It was great to get out and have all that room to run around and play.
Amara reached over to pet a horse and promptly got whacked in the nose as it lifted its head up.  Yikes!  Being the sensitive girl that she is, she cried a bit and wasn't sure she wanted to ride at all.  Fortuantely, time passed before riding time, the pain was forgotten, and she took multiple laps around the grounds on this horse.  Ethan couldn't find a helmet that fit him in 10 seconds, and I think he was relieved to have a good excuse not to ride.  Funny boy.

My friend brought these hats for all the kids.  Isn't she great?  They're practicing their yee-haas.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home