Chirp, Chirp, Chirp....
Last night I kindly, but firmly escorted 3 crickets out of our house. I've always thought of crickets as happy chirping insects, and I suppose they are, but the happiness fades fast when they're serenading me at 3:00AM. And 4:00AM. And 5:00AM. I've definitely been inspired to act quickly when I see them in the house, or I reap the consequences of my slothfulness. Amara even made me a paper that says, "Bug Catcher" to pair with my trusty tupperware container.
At least they're not cicadas. Those things sing LOUD. ALL DAY. I was amazed in Tennessee.
And did I mention that I haven't had a single mosquito bite? That is some kind of miracle.

8 Comments:
I'm jealous... I think I might trade you places. I'd take crickets and ocean nearby ANYDAY... wanna House Swap??
well, at least you were humane about it. I don't respond well when being irritated by noises at night. The fire alarm that I beat to a pulp with a high heel shoe found that out the hard way.
Alarm Clocks don't do well at the Taylor house either. Personally toilet paper is my weapon of choice when it comes to the disposing of night annoyances... ask Anna. :-)
lol,Anna, if you get a moment, please explain the toilet paper...
It's not as mysterious as it sounds. Charmin Ultra is used for snuffing out pests . . . particularly spiders and beetles (the 2ply muffles their tiny screams) Sorry Kristina, no humane tupperware at the Clare household.
"tiny screams"...LOL!
I know, I'm a freak. I can only manage to kill bugs in my house if they're potentially poisonous or in the midst of a full scale invasion. Even then, its an effort.
Two words: duct tape.
Post a Comment
<< Home