Sep 16, 2008

Water Temperature

When living in NorCal I would tell friends in SoCal, who would bring up how much warmer the water was down south, that the 10 degree difference "wasn't that big of a deal." Now in winter time the difference between 50 degres and 60 degrees isn't that huge, either way you are wearing a wetsuit and its COLD. But during the summer that 10 degrees makes a HUGE difference and I didn't realize it until the water temperature dropped over the last few days.



During the summer the water in SoCal hits 70 degrees. This means NO WETSUIT! I have been able to wear boardshorts and a thin neoprene top for the entire summer! Summer in Monterey means going from a 4/3 to a 3/2 wetsuit. The water basically goes from cold to not as cold, in contrast SoCal goes from cold to pleasant.

So, to all my SoCal friends with whom I have disagreed in the past, I offer my apologies.

1 Comments:

At 1:29 PM, Blogger Melanie said...

don't the people who get NO ocean deserve more of your sympathies??lol!:)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home