Sep 9, 2008

Night Owl

Here it is, 12:20, and in my mind I still feel I have just a couple minutes left to make it to bed "early" tonight.  Why do I regularly find that I'm reprimanding myself for not getting to sleep earlier?  I know why I do it, but still can't figure out why I don't stop doing it!  By nature I'm a night owl.  Now, I have nothing on Joe here, who has no problem staying up until 4am on a regular basis, but I do have a knack for staying up an hour or so later than I ought to.  Midnight is my planned bed time, but I'm always stretching it out just a little longer to finish.... this project, chapter, episode, blog reading, etc. My problem is that, no matter how tired and miserable I feel in the morning when I wake up, I always feel awake and energized at night.  Its a rare occurrence for me to announce my sleepiness and head off to bed.  Nope.  I just have to decide its time and walk away from all the distractions and go close my eyes in a dark and boring room.  The other deterrent is that no matter how much sleep I manage to get, I still always feel somewhat groggy when I wake up in the morning.  Not as much as when I stay up too late, but still enough that I tend to ignore the difference.  Maybe someday I'll figure it out, but I can't say that with much confidence.

Some more amusing kid antics:
Ethan wearing his "dentist mask" and taking x-rays. He's got this little push light taped to the doorknob. He has his patient bite on something (really, anything will do) and then he holds the light up to your face and clicks it.


Here's Amara's version of "The Monster Book of Monsters" from Harry Potter.


And Ethan seems to be following in his sister's footsteps. He's put pieces of tape on the side of this ball to be wings for the snitch!

3 Comments:

At 8:58 PM, Blogger Melanie said...

ok, i'm loving the dentist thing with the light, TOO funny!! your kids are a hoot. and you're in good company here with the late night stuff. i'll be up late (like now for instance) and i'll tell myself i should go to bed but it's like i just can't let go of the solitude! if you're up and I'm up, we should figure out the whole
IM-ing thing!

 
At 7:08 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I had previously read the article, and was fascinated at Ethan's face, I didn't quite follow when Stina mentioned his, "mask". I also want to add that I was viewing it on my cheap monitor at work. Seeing it now, I realize it is tape... That is so cute, and inventive. I can remember doing that when I was a kid, I also remember doing it a couple of weeks ago. But I never imagined myself wearing a mask, ingenious, those two both seem to posses good crafting skills.

 
At 10:43 AM, Blogger Melanie said...

i'm sorry, did you just say you were putting masking tape on your mouth as recently as last week?? hmmm...make sure you're stocked up on the masking tape if the clare's come to visit. ethan may not want to share...

 

Post a Comment

<< Home