Sep 6, 2008

MY Sports!


Like most kids growing up I played just about everything and found myself particularly attracted to a few sports in which I excelled. For me those sports were first soccer and later in high school and college, volleyball. Now, I played my fare share of the classic American sports baseball, basketball and football but I never grew to love them the way that I love to play soccer and volleyball. (Though I do LOVE to watch football. Basketball and baseball, not so much.)


One of the great discoveries living in a beach community in SoCal is that for most people down here Soccer and Volleyball are a big deal. During Ward parties the pickup games are soccer and volleyball. People at church talk about the UCI, USC and UCLA volleyball teams. Tryouts at the local high school for both sports rival those of the big three US sports. I have already played on a local soccer team and I have been invited to play on a 4 person beach volleyball team. So, what I am I getting at...well, its GREAT to be in a place where I am not one of a few who enjoys my favorite sports!!

1 Comments:

At 7:45 AM, Blogger Melanie said...

surfing, private beach, pick up volleyball games...it's like the land of milk and honey, we so need to live there! we need to collaborate on that idea we had at the reunion of becoming "independently wealthy." any ideas??:)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home