Wax, Sand and Wedding Rings
Living near the beach (and surfing most days of the week) has created a number of new (minor) annoyances:
(1) Wax - I often end up transferring a surfboard between the car and our garage. In doing so I come into contact with the wax that covers the top of the board. What keeps happening is that I carefully move the board and then realize later that my clothes have spots of melted wax.
(2) Sand - It seems that no matter how often I shower, or have the kids shower, after spending time at the beach there is always sand in our hair. (I had the same problem, to a lesser degree, when I was playing beach volleyball in college.) The frustrating thing is that I will be at Church, having showered a few times since being at the beach only to run my hand through my hair and find sand. We have figured out how to minimize the sand transfer from feet, clothes, etc. but sand in the hair has yet to be solved beyond excessive scrubbing.
(3) Wedding Rings - Expect me to post sometime in the next few months that I have lost my wedding ring. I can't surf with my wedding ring on, since it will slip off if I paddle out with it. So, I have to store it somewhere and I often get to the edge of the water, or even in the water, before I realize that I have the ring on. The options I have are to (1) stick it on a carabiner that I have on my key chain (assuming I remember before getting to the waters edge) or (2) putting it in the key pocket of my board shorts. The issue is that even if I do either option I forget to put it back on since I have never gotten into the habit of taking it off. Recently I have gone days without wearing my wedding ring. While the poor ring has made a number of runs through the washing machine due to my forgetfulness.
Any good ideas out there?

2 Comments:
hmm...the wax, do they perchance sell huge plastic board covers?? yes,no? no solutions for the sand, although it does provide a funny visual thinking of you teaching your sunday school class and your kids watching as sand is trailing behind you:) you probably don't want my advice about the ring as i've nearly lost mine a dozen times leaving it places, but maybe if you had a special little pouch or box for it that you kept in the glovebox of your car. that might help make it more of a routine. who knew that your job would come with any cons?! lol! good luck!
i'm thinking plastic wrap, crazy glue, and a vacuum hose? that's all i got...
Post a Comment
<< Home