Aug 17, 2008

Washington Highlights: animal version

When we were up in Washington, we spent one day at the aquarium in Vancouver, and another at the zoo in Seattle. Here are a few highlights:
This funky statue of a dolphin met us out front of the aquarium. Joe and Amara and Ethan are all sitting there checking out the water.

I know this picture isn't great, but if you look closely, you'll see a sloth hanging upside down chomping on some tasty fruit.  He was pretty cute.  I took a bunch of pictures, but none came out too well and all are obscured by the leaves.

Here's Amara checking out the frogs. I wish I could've captured her attempts to boost Ethan up inside this dome. It was hilarious and completely unsuccessful.

Ethan's standing in front of the whale pool. They had a beluga mother and calf in this pool. The calf was only a month or so old, so it was fun to watch them swim around together.

This is us at the zoo the following day.  This one came out pretty cute!



Here's grandma with the kids. It had been awhile since we'd been to the zoo, so it was a lot of fun to see the animals and see the kids' reactions.

3 Comments:

At 8:21 AM, Blogger Andy, Beth and Jennah, too! said...

We went to the aquarium back in '06 when we moved Dick & Janet up. It was great! We even saw a sign in one of the fish tanks that said... "Sarah, will you marry me?" Too cute!!!

 
At 8:28 AM, Blogger Melanie said...

would have loved to see footage of amara trying to get ethan up in that dome! funny! i thought your pictures turned out great!

 
At 3:43 PM, Blogger Shelley said...

Next time I go up there, I want to visit that museum!!!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home