Jul 17, 2008

Dolphins in the Lineup!


I was surfing this morning and a pair of what I am pretty sure were Risso's Dolphins cruised past. It was a good reminder that when surfing you are in the wild, even though you are within shouting distance of "civilization."



The above picture, though pulled from Google images, is roughly what I saw this morning. (I need to get a waterproof camera!)

Oh, speaking of the wilds of the area there was an interesting Great White encounter a few weeks ago at Catalina (Just off the coast from us. Visible on a clear day.)

1 Comments:

At 12:21 PM, Blogger Melanie said...

I find that I am laughing at the description of the shark encounter as "interesting." I have a few other adjectives that come to mind:) Glad it was only dolphins hanging out with you the other day. what a awesome sight that must have been.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home