Saturday at the Aquarium
Over the weekend we made a trip to a nearby aquarium. Growing up near Monterey has really spoiled me on this one - I've yet to find an aquarium that I enjoy more than Monterey. However, this one was great, too. There were, of course, many fish!! and they really have a thing for touch pools there. There were 3 touch pools with a variety of rays in them, one with small sharks, plus a tide pool area. The rays were noticeably happier than they are in other touch pools I've seen. They usually hide just outside of reach, and occasionally venture to the side of the pool with all the waiting fingers. However, these were much more active and even seemed eager to be pet at times. Interesting.

5 Comments:
I noticed there were no droppings on Alan's shoulder, they really must have liked him! I totally know what you mean when you speak about the Monterey Aquarium, once you go there, you never can go anywhere else; almost like Disneyland in comparison to all other theme parks. That's right, I said it.
Alan sent us some pictures from his mission where he was surrounded by animals. He must have a special allure.
Ethan looks a bit skeptical of that bird.
Both kids look a bit leary with the bird. Maybe Alan's apparent Dr. Doolittle gift is not hereditary?:) that sounds (and looks) like a really fun day.
What a fun outing!! It looks like everyone had a great time.
How fun! I really wish we had more than just the Hogle Zoo here in UT. We do have an aquarium, but it does not hold a candle to your's on the coast!
Post a Comment
<< Home