May 13, 2008

We're heere

Well, we're here.  At our new place.  My parents drove us down a few days ago, and today they left.  Its going to seem very quiet during the day for awhile.  I'll miss them, and I know the kids will, too.  Right after they left Amara drew a great picture of them and hung it on the refrigerator.  Incidentally, Alan's also gone right now - he loaded our moving truck this morning and its on the way out here.  In a matter of days we'll be trying to figure out what to do with stuff that we've forgotten all about.  And we'll have a washing machine, a bed, toys...

We did a little bit of exploring today.  We went to a park, and to Baskin Robbins.  I got lost a few times (nothing more than a minute or so), but always managed to find my way back home.  We live in a really dense, hilly area with lots of winding roads and its going to take some aimless meandering before I get the connections down.  I keep saying I need to get a map, though!  Its a little scary to go out exploring when I know I could get lost enough that I won't know how to get home.

I'm going to add some pictures of our house in the morning so I can reflect on our glamorous lifestyle later on.

Ok, so here are the pictures:

Here are the kiddos practicing their ballet poses in the living room.  We have a couch, at least.  And its comfy!!  And on your right you'll see our computer, which we also use as a tv on occasion.

A bed!  That's about it at this point, but that's ok!

Here's our bed.  Its pretty comfy, actually.

The giant pile of clothes I just brought with me.  Ack!  There has been much folding since this picture was taken.

And the kitchen/dining area.  Cooking/eating is actually working out better than I'd anticipated.

5 Comments:

At 6:09 AM, Blogger Alan said...

Windy?

 
At 10:41 AM, Blogger stina said...

I changed windy to winding to avoid confusion. And I think pictures will have to wait until tonight, b/c Alan may have our camera's cord.

 
At 2:30 PM, Blogger Melanie said...

i can't wait for pictures, didn't know you guys were in the process of moving. very exciting, lots of work.

 
At 7:14 PM, Blogger Andy Norman said...

I hate moving. When we moved into our apartment it was July and 110 degrees during the day and 99 at night.

 
At 11:33 AM, Blogger Melanie said...

thanks for the update, how exciting to be in and getting moved in! oh, did i say exciting? i meant stressful and lots of hard work:) but exciting for the rest of us to see! i'll send you happy, calm vibrations.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home