More England Pictures
Here is the famous Picadilly Circus:
I made a special trip in the early morning to go out and see the monument to Lord Admiral Nelson in Trafalgar Square. When I was in London a few years ago I was enamored with the names of the great orators whose speeches and politics I had come to admire. Like William Pitt and Charles Fox. (I know most people don't get excited about British Political history but I was a competitive debator in H.S. and I learned to love many of the great speeches of English political history after discovering a biography of Benjamin Disreali in a used book store some 12 or so years ago.)
Since that visit I have read at least five books on Lord Nelson. And while previously I did not have the historical knowledge to connect fully with the symbolism of Trafalgar Square, on this occasion I walked the square in quiet amazement thinking of the great deeds of Nelson and how he must have made the walk down to the Parliament building on numerous occasions.

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home