Iron Man as it Should Be

The last time I remember buying a comic book was when I was like 14 or 15. Regardless of the many years that have passed since I was a comic book reader, I have long held a special place in my geeky heart for a handful of comic book heroes. On May 2nd (Tomorrow) Iron Man will hit the big screen, and while a number of the characters that have hit the big screen of late (i.e. hulk) are not to my liking, I was a fan of Tony Stark (Iron Man).
The thing that is so exciting about this particular super hero movie release is that it was financed entirely by Marvel. Thus, this will be the first major release super hero movie that has NOT gone through the filter of the studios (Though Paramount is putting up the P&A). A comic book movie in is intended form! And the early geek reviews ware very, very positive!
Hopefully it will turn out well, like the other comic book material that came through relatively unfiltered, like Spider-man, the first two X-men movies, and the most recent Batman and Superman.
Kristina sent me a good review that doesn't have all of the inappropriate language that plagues some of the fan reviews.
Now, I just need to find a theater in Kensington.
UPDATE: I found a theater in Kensington and here in the UK they are showing "sneak previews" all day so I was able to see the movie this afternoon (About the time everyone on the West Coast was waking up). The movie is good, very good. It's by no means perfect, and for me it felt a bit rushed, but it is going to be a staple franchise for Marvel. The best part is that they stayed true to the characters. They kept Tony Stark as witty, brilliant and terribly flawed. They even put in a few references to things to come that will probably only be picked up on by those who know the Marvel comic book universe. Anyhow, it's well worth seeing.

4 Comments:
Alan! How the heck are ya?? I have to say, i'm so excited for this movie as well. (i'm about 45% geek i've decided!) I have a movie buddy who usually rolls her eyes and endures going to comic book movies with me! I'm really enjoying your family's blog! Can't believe how much your kids have grown:)
They are huge aren't they? It's amazing how fast they change and the crazy things they come up with.
Also, keep up with comic book movies! Who knows, you may break the 50% geek barrier, when true geek enlightenment happens!
;)
Great film. Mom and I saw it and really enjoyed it. Watch for the snippet at the end of the credits.
Ok, I know I should be ashamed because it came out forever ago, but I think I'm closing the geek barrier gap. I went last night and saw a double header: Iron Man and Indiana Jones! My friend who went with me says halfway through Indiana, "How did you get me to go to these tonight? we're girls, we should be at some romantic comedy!" They were both great, loved iron man best!
Post a Comment
<< Home