We made it!
We made it! The flight was actually pretty uneventful, despite lightning striking just before take off causing a delay! I felt like a pack mule carrying all our stuff. Alan and I must've looked like such freaks getting everything into the airport. I only have one (big) suitcase, but we also brought two carseats, a stroller, Amara's Dora suitcase, and a carryon, plus two kids. Anyways, Amara was awesome on the plane - she sang to herself and colored for at least an hour, then played with the pencaps from her markers for another hour. Ethan slept for a couple hours, and was otherwise pretty happy. I do get stressed though. I don't want to annoy a plane full of people. Repeat: I don't know these people and never have to see them again. Somehow that's comforting in case things go awry. Everyone was so incredibly nice and helpful, I must say. Random people in the airport helped me get my stuff through security, a security guard set up my stroller for me, a flight attendant asked to hold Ethan just to give me a break... I have been really impressed with Southwest service. I've seen the flight attendants rocking babies in the aisles, one helped hold Ethan while I changed his diaper. I intentionally sat in the back row so I'd have easy access to them, if needed.
Amara's been VERY excited to see her grandparents. She talked nonstop all the way from the airport to their house. My parents had a waterbed in one of the bedrooms, and they very recently replaced it with a trundle bed. Tonight Amara asked me about 5 times within a 3 minute period - Where's the waterbed? I explained that they'd drained it and taken it apart and are going to give it to somebody else. She then proceeded to tell me that they needed to get special glue, glue it back together, let it dry, fill it with water, and sleep on it again. Hmmm... Apparently she is resisting the change. When she's not sure about something, she just asks about it over and over while she thinks it through. Its an interesting process to participate in.
I'll be in Davis part of Saturday, all day Sunday and Monday, and part of Tuesday. I'll probably be pretty busy with the family Sunday and Monday. I know time's going to go by too fast. Hopefully I can work something out to see some of you.

6 Comments:
I'm very impressed by how portable you Hoppers are. Well done. I might start buying up some Southwest stock, too.
we'd be glad to see you, whenever!
glad you made it over alright :)
Sounds stressful. I hate traveling with kids, but love it at the same time. I don't think I've ever had help with my kids on flights. You're so lucky!
Have fun in Davis! Wish I was there!
Is there any plan for socializing? we'll be with my family some saturday so just email and we could easily go the extra miles :)
Sigh. I don't know. We're all fighting off a little cold. I hate to expose everyone.
we don't mind a little cold, assuming that they're still healthy enough to get up and play around. So, whatever you think...
Post a Comment
<< Home