Mar 5, 2006

Its nice to have a husband...

Sometimes I complain that I feel like a single mom, though I realized the other day that if I were a single mom, I'd have to work full time and manage my two kids. Yikes. So at least my hubby's - well, not making money, but getting an education so that he can some day make money. He's on spring break right now, though still working part time on his business plan....I love it! It is so nice to have him here to talk to about all the inane things we usually talk about. We do a lot of dreaming about future things; some life-changing, others mundane:

If we could buy the house that we're renting, what would we change about it? My ideas included things like refinishing the hardwood floors. Alan's were more impressive, and included ripping down walls and expanding.

We like to cook. Let's delve into cheesecake-making instead of spending $8 a slice at the cheesecake factory (seriously-that is too much and I can't do it!)

Someday when we have a home-based e-business, we'll live in our visitor-friendly summer home in Jackson Hole. Alan developed a serious obsession with this place after a visit there last summer. In his defense, it is pretty cool; isolated from the hustle & bustle, lots of outdoor activities, still close to some cute towns...

The point here is that Alan is cool and its nice to have him around,

8 Comments:

At 7:59 AM, Blogger HornInFBb said...

I like that dream...
but is the current business plan part of that dream, or for school?
I never knew what he wanted to do next- is there an idea?

cheesecake- I'm not a fan, but I assume you could get a whole homemade cake for $8, right? can you make lots and freeze them?

and of course, big cheers for fabulous husbands :)

 
At 1:53 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Somteimes dreams do come true. Especially if you have a plan. Keep sluggin...

 
At 2:10 PM, Blogger Raging Wombat said...

What is all this talk about Jackson Hole? Kristina, you tell Alan that he has to call me. If it is hustle and bustle he wants to escape, if it is a lot of outdoor activities he wants, I know a little place called Kapay Valley - not 30 minutes from where I live! I only agreed to let you guys go to Tennessee contingent upon the promise that you would return to Northern California!

 
At 5:54 PM, Blogger Bluebell said...

Jackson Hole as in Wyoming? Austin and I often talk about retiring somewhere in the middle of nowhere like Montana. Good horse country.

I love cheesecake and it's easy to make. In fact, my favorite recipe hails from your sweet MIL. It has lemon in it and has a great texture. Nice and smooth. In fact, I may have to make it again soon. Very soon.

And congrats on having your hubby around for awhile =)

 
At 8:30 PM, Blogger stina said...

Jackson Hole is more of a long term plan/dream. The current business plan, even if successful, will probably be short term - sold after a few years.

That lemon cheesecake does sound tasty. Thanks for the tip! I'll have to get the recipe. But have you been to the CF? They have about 20 yummy flavors. We have a friend who is a cheesecake connoisseur in the grandest sense. His experiments include ricotta instead of cream cheese, and cereal-based crusts instead of grahm cracker... All very tasty, too. Where are you, Patrick? We need your experience & inspiration...

Justin-I, too am pulling for California in the near future. Maybe you can use your persuasive powers to further influence Alan...

 
At 9:03 PM, Blogger LollyGirl said...

What a nice post! I'm glad you mentioned that thought about being a single mom. I guess we don't have it that bad do we. It would be bad if we couldn't be single moms all day because we really were single moms and had to work to support ourselves!! Great insight-thank you.

I really enjoy your blog--thanks for keeping us up-to-date, it's great! :)

 
At 10:16 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Justin is right, California knows how to party. In the city, we be rockin. We welcome eveybody in the Wild Wild West, a state that is untouchable, like Eliot Ness.

In fact, from Oakland to Sac-Town, the Bay Area and back down, Cali is where they put their Mack down (now give me love!)

 
At 7:12 PM, Blogger stina said...

Thanks, Tupac. You really have a way with words. All I can say is, shake, shake it, baby.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home