Who needs toys?
We had these craft scissors out for a project, and Amara found them. She's been cutting and cutting for days! Luckily we have tons of paper, but cleaning it up is becomming quite a task. Fancy scraps EVERYWHERE!When we wre in Washington, DC, Amara found one of Alan's belts and spent at least an hour engrossed with it. She tried it on, then spent a long time winding it around handles and squeezing it in drawers.
Sometimes I wonder about all the toys we buy for this kid. She's got a toybox full of them, yet she goes for the scissors.

3 Comments:
I'm so with you on this one. I wonder almost daily if we shouldn't just give all of Owen's toys away. He never plays with them anymore! He is really into art work lately and loves to cut the teeny tiniest scraps. I have a whole pile of them on my dresser that I'm not allowed to throw away because they're "treasures". The other thing he obsesses about is collecting things from outdoors, and we can't get rid of those, either! Or else we'll hurt his feelings. I make him keep them outside on the patio, at least. This is getting way too long...
We have that exact set of scissors! Everett LOVES them too. But, they are such a mess. Oh well, it keeps him busy.
Everetts going through an art phase too. All he wants to do is draw and make projects.
Yes, they are a huge mess! Even if I confine the cutting to one place, the scraps end up everywhere. They are cards, presents, tickets, tags.... she even taped them on a bunch of things to make real tags. I was just wishing earlier that my vaccuum would pick them all up.
I've started throwing/putting away stuff like this when she's in bed with the hopes that she'll forget about it by the time she gets up. I'm always putting her trike and giant ball in the basement - they're outside toys that always end up in our house! Yesterday she found a balloon in the garbage and was not pleased. "Maybe daddy put that there.." Ummmm yeah. Now its back in my kitchen, taking up space and not getting played with...
Post a Comment
<< Home