Mar 7, 2006

Our own Elmyra Duff

Amara really loves her baby brother. We often joke that she's Elmyra - you know the little smothering girl on Tiny Toons?? "I'm gonna take you home and hug you and squeeze you and kiss you and love you forever and ever!!!!!" I have so many pictures like this. I think I'll snap a cute picture of the two of them together, only to have him feeling smothered and not looking so happy. Some of her favorite interactions with Ethan include "doing Pudgy", where she squishes his cheeks together, and "nosey-nose", where she puts her nose on his cheek and he turns and tries to suck on her nose. I think she seriously wants to smooch and squeeze him all day long. Sometimes he gives me this pleading, "Save me, please!" look. Although its frustrating at times to repeat the phrases, "Give him some space." and "Back off please!!" about 100 times a day, I'm very pleased that Amara is such a fan of her little bro. As he gets a little older, Ethan has started to really enjoy Amara's antics, especially if they aren't happening smooshed in his face. He loves it when she sings to him, or jumps on the bed next to him. We'll see what happens when he gets old enough to get into her toys...

4 Comments:

At 8:47 AM, Blogger Raging Wombat said...

Genna does a lot of the same stuff to Julia. She gets too rough, though, and pokes her eyes.

It's something of a mixed blessing isn't? In the end, though, it is better that Amara is too into Ethan, rather than hating him or ignoring him. Oh children.

 
At 2:03 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I love that "deer in the headlights" look!

 
At 7:16 PM, Blogger Bluebell said...

Can I just copy this post and post it on my own blog? We have the same *problem* around here. But I suppose RW is right, it's better that he loves him so much. How do we teach this kid about personal space?

 
At 7:31 PM, Blogger stina said...

Good question. Amara is never malicious, but she doesn't seem to grasp that a little space makes for a smiling baby, which is preferable to a smothered crying one. Sigh. They are already having some fun interactions though, and soon Ethan will be able to defend himself!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home