Mar 8, 2006

A Day at the Zoo

Today we took our first outing to the local zoo. We told Amara a few days ago that we would be going soon, and she's been asking constantly, worrying that we'd forgot.... Its getting dark and we didn't go to the zoo yet. We really shouldn't give her so much notice! Here's a little cave that Amara really liked playing in.

She was more interested in the waterfall here than in the animals.








The big hit for the day had to be this amazing playground. It was enormous.














This is the play area for the little kids. Tons of padding. Amara jumped and rolled around for quite awhile.





Last of all we made a trip to Krispy Kreme. Sadly, the production line wasn't working, but we were quickly distracted by tasty donughts. Mmm...sprinkles.

6 Comments:

At 9:31 PM, Blogger Bluebell said...

Looks like a fun day. That playground reminds me of one in Santa Barbara. Whenever I buy Owen a doughnut he chooses one with sprinkles and then only eats the sprinles. Stinker. I didn't know they had Krispy Kreme all the way out there =)

 
At 6:39 AM, Blogger Natalie said...

Looks fun. There's a playground kind of like that here (well actually in Wisconsin...but close to us).

Everetts right with Amara and Owen....only the doughnut with sprinkles will do!

 
At 8:42 AM, Blogger Raging Wombat said...

That playground is awesome! Jealousy ... rearing its ... ugly head ...

Like Amara, I recently spent some time in a padded room. I was there for a different reason.

 
At 10:21 AM, Blogger Rachel said...

yum! i want a krispy kreme toute suite!

 
At 10:34 AM, Blogger The Duke said...

That first picture is so cute! I burst out laughing. I wish I was at the zoo right now.

 
At 11:10 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

What a wonderful trip to the zoo! And Krispy Kreme at the end. How could a day be better than that??

 

Post a Comment

<< Home