Jul 4, 2009

Ethan one-ups the cow

Ethan has multiple stomach compartments. Its a scientific wonder... or something.

After claiming that he only had room in his stomach for particular food items, we teasingly asked Ethan if he had compartments in his stomach. He immediately embraced the concept with enthusiasm, and regularly expounds upon the intricacies of its workings with great authority.

Last night we went to a Mexican restaurant. He chowed down on many chips, a dang quesadilla and rice. He then proclaimed his doneness, so I asked him if all his compartments were full, to which he replied, "All of them except for my sweets compartment."

What? "So...aren't you so full that your other compartments are squishing into your sweets compartment, making it feel full, too?"

"No. See, all my other compartments are down in this area (gestures to his abdomen), but my sweets compartment is up here (points to his upper right breast)."

It didn't take me long to see the truth in his statement. I think I must have a sweets compartment separated from the rest of my stomach, too. Even if I'm stuffed, if someone puts a delicious looking dessert in front of me, somehow, there's still room available.

Very wise, young one.

3 Comments:

At 6:10 AM, Blogger Andy, Beth and Jennah, too! said...

"a dang quesadilla!!!??!" Oh my gosh... I'm tearing up from laughing so hard! Ethan... you're SOOO smart! I've just passed this off as a random phenomena and now... I finally have an adequate explanation as to why it is Andy can get up from the dinner table and head right for the ice cream!! Amazing!! So what did Ethan have to fulfill his vacant "sweets compartment?"

 
At 10:13 PM, Blogger Eric & Aimei Phillips said...

I have a separate compartment for nacho cheese...and soda...you're so funny, Hopper!!!

 
At 11:16 PM, Blogger Melanie said...

Ethan is so funny, I love that he always has a NATURAL explanation for everything!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home