May 12, 2009

Legoland (updated)

Sadly, I seem to have lost my blogging motivation lately. I've got a number of pictures from a few fun events over the last few weeks, so I'll start with those and try to get back into the swing of things.

While Alan was gone to London and Istanbul (yes, he was there for 10 days! Here's to hoping he'll be on here soon with a few pictures...) my parents came down for a visit. Besides being super helpful (as they always are) we finally decided to check out Legoland.

Every time I see pictures of kids at Legoland, there's always one with this dude.

Ethan maintained this distance the whole time. Don't want to be too close in case those Legos come to life.

Behind this gigantic Bionicle was a room full of tables and bionicle parts. You could go in, take a break and build for awhile before heading out again. My kids decided that this was the place to be. Along with the sand box by the dinosaur legos and the fantastic playground. Yes, I concede that these were all cool, but we're at an amusement park here. You play at the sandy beach on a very regular basis. And build bionicles, too. And did I mention that we paid to get in here? (They did have fun throughout the park. I just find this ironic, ok?)

I thought MiniLand....?? D'Oh-I cannot remember what it is called now that a few weeks have passed. Well, I think you get the idea. Here's the Lego version of the White House.

Check it out- Barak and Michelle O. during the inauguration.

How could I have almost forgotten these last few pictures?  We cracked up at the kids driving.  They did get to actually drive (not on those rail things), which they loved.  Amara was in an older group than Ethan.  I wish I could convey the cheesiness of her smile and wave as she drove by.  Hilarious.  I was impressed by her driving skills, too.

Ethan hadn't ever done anything like this.  My mom's showing him the accelerator before she heads to the sidelines.  We all cracked up at Ethan driving, especially Amara.  He figured it out pretty quickly, but he was really concentrating and ran into a few walls.

Ethan loved this water area.  This very spot, in particular.  It began with him running through it, then leaning into it, then sitting, and laying in it.  He just couldn't immerse himself enough in the coolness of this fountain.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home