Color Coordination
For awhile now, Amara has been insisting that when it comes time to dole out cups/papers/play pieces/any item of varying colors, that she have red, I have blue (our favorites) and Ethan have either green, yellow or orange... really whatever's left that she determines is his favorite color for the time being. Interestingly, Ethan has picked up on her trend, and since he's recently learned his colors, he now pronounces everything red that he sees as Amara's. Whenever a red car drives by, its "Aya's car." Yesterday in Nursery the kids were getting out little mats to sit on and when he was presented with a red one, he pronounced it as Aya's, then decided he'd like to sit on it anyway. He does this sometimes with blue and me, but he's less consistent about it. The other day, I got Ethan a cup of water in a blue cup, and he refused to drink it until I acknowledged that it was my cup and I was sharing with him. Hmm!

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home