Aug 16, 2007

Boys vs. Girls

Both of these cuties have recently decided to embrace their own genders like never before.
Ethan has always been a bit more adventurous than Amara was, but recently he's taken to scratching, throwing things, and just, well...being all around rougher in everything he does!
And Amara...The other day during a conversation she informed me that she likes pink and pretty things, and when a bear became the subject of discussion, she announced that she likes ponies, not bears! What? Pretty, pink and even ponies? How stereotypical is that? It seems to have come from left field, too. Ponies? Anyways, we spent some time at my aunt and uncle's recently, and they've got a couple rooms decorated with intricate flower patterns and such, which Amara LOVED. They were definitely her favorite, and she's since chosen rather froofy flowery objects as her favorites. This is especially interesting because I tend to like things pretty simple and modern looking. I wonder if a lot of children like things with more frill, or if its just her personality?
Last night, she was laying in bed, and expressed concern that she may have a nightmare. Then she said, "Hmm... let me check," and closed her eyes for a second. "Ummm...nothing scary." Opens eyes, smiles. Closes them again, "Just princesses and happy stuff..." Opens eyes again. "I think I'll be ok." What a crack up.

1 Comments:

At 3:53 PM, Blogger Elisa said...

So adorable...I think you and Amara will both be really glad you recorded the "just princesses and happy stuff" bedtime conversation for posterity. What a cutie!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home