Jul 21, 2006

Yay for the beach!

What do you do when it gets too hot? Head for the coast. Here we are in Monterey, enjoying the weather, which was glorious, by the way.Our first afternoon we spent at Monterey. The waves were big and unpredictable, so Amara was pretty freaked out of getting in the water. She would only go if her strong daddy would carry her. Notice her feet are pulled up as high as possible to avoid touching any of that crazy water!
Amara quickly caught onto the whole game of running up to the water, then retreating with a squeal as it approached. Her version was a bit different. She'd stand sort of close to the water, then flee at top speed with a high pitched scream. The main difference was that she'd keep running for about 100 yard... basically until we'd drag her back again. Can't take any chances with that water. We also convinced her (and it wasn't easy!) to put a handprint in the wet sand when the tide was out. She stuck her hand in the sand and jumped back into daddy's arms at a speed that would've amazed Superman.
Here's little Ethan enjoying the beach! Its funny how relaxing it can be to stand there in the surf for hours!
We spent the evening at the wharf, where we got a close up of a sea otter hitting a shell. Notice I'm wearing a sweatshirt (I was a bit warm though, I confess). The temperature is especially amusing to me because we just got back from the sweltering Farmer's Market, and its only 10:00am.

3 Comments:

At 7:46 PM, Blogger LollyGirl said...

You are so busted!! Monterey?! Two blocks from our house? We were at this very beach Thurs. afternoon but spent Fri. at the pool. Oh, I so wish I'd known you were here. Where did you have dinner? I guess we're really lucking out with this weather...usually summer doesn't hit until Aug./Sept. Glad you enjoyed the day!!

We were cruising Cannery Row last night checking out all the motorcycles, did you see them?

 
At 7:51 PM, Blogger LollyGirl said...

P.S.Did you see the pics of the sea otter in action on my blog? Wonder if it was in the same spot we see this little guy? Along the bike path, just past the main pier in that little cove you can walk down to?

 
At 9:49 AM, Blogger stina said...

lolly-I apologize for my lameness. I totally thought of you and was keeping an eye out for little Jaden in the surf! I should've found your phone # before I headed down.

We were on the main pier when we saw that little otter. I can't remember the name of the place where we ate, but it was there on the wharf.

I do remember seeing a bunch of motorcycles, but we just drove by. We weren't down by Cannery Row so much this time. Was there some kind of motorcycle event??

 

Post a Comment

<< Home