
Last summer we went to this same Farmer's Market before our move to Tennessee. There are lots of fun things for the kids to do there, and my little Amara eyed all these activities with interest, but her interest did not exceed her fear. Well, last night, she threw caution to the wind and tried everything!

I was quite impressed with how much she's grown up in the last year. Its a relief for me to watch her outgrow a lot of these fears on her own. Usually she's ok with carousels, but this one is a little different. Since the animals hang from the ceiling and spin (without a floor), parents can't stand right next to their little one to lend moral support. This time, having mom (and grandma, grandpa, daddy, and grandmommy) wave from the side was just fine.

And I'm especially confident that she's over her bouncy house fear since she went on it 3 times and would've kept going if we'd let her. She'd been so hungry, and we got dinner before going on the ponies. She took one bite and pronounced herself full and ready to proceed with the fun. And did I mention that she was jumping with excitement most of the time? 3 cheers for Amara!!
5 Comments:
your writing that just reminded me of all the weird fears I had when I was little -- I used to be really scared of people with mohawks or shaved hair. Being a kid is rough, man!
Fun! Is that the davis farmers market? I miss that!!
We were there too, but very late. Good to see you guys last Sunday (did I miss Alan, or was he not there?).
Yep! Davis Farmer's Market. And Alan was at church. Good to see you, too!
I hope we don't miss you- please let's get together before you go! I'd love to see our other friends again too :)
Post a Comment
<< Home