On our way to the reunion
We've spent the last few days traveling around heading to Alan's family reunion. Our trip went smoothly, though it took much longer than we anticipated. Why does it still take an hour to check in to a hotel/car rental/etc even when you've previously made reservations and paid? Seriously, I'm curious to know what I'm missing here and how I can expedite this process in the future. By the time we were checked into our hotel, the kids were exhausted. I put Amara sideways on the bed in the hopes that she wouldn't fall off (it worked, by the way), and I laid Ethan next to her for awhile. They ended up snuggled together after a little while and I had to take a picture. Many aspects of traveling with kids is actually quite fun, but hauling all the gear (really, I just mean car seats) is crazy. Someday, when I have a lot of money, I'll rent car seats from the car rental place when I travel.
We stayed the night at Circus Circus and were excited to take Amara to "The Adventuredome". Well, it wasn't a successful venture. Its a big indoor area with rides and games. She spent most of the time a little freaked out. Every time the roller coaster would go by, which was pretty often, it sounded like the roof was caving in. So, she'd be happy for a bit, get scared and cry for a bit... We didn't stay too long. She did manage a turn on the merry-go-round though.I intended to post this much sooner, but our internet access got cut off, so I'll be playing catch up here for a bit.

2 Comments:
My parents tried to take my sister and I to Circus Circus a couple of times when we were little, and I remember being completely freaked out by the noise and the lights and the crowd.
That sleeping photo is so sweet. And I love Ethan's fat, spread out legs.
Post a Comment
<< Home