Pests
About a week ago I noticed some strange bugs crawling around our house that I'd never seen before. Hmm... what could those be? I got suspicious when I saw one crawl up from between the floor boards. So anyways, today out came the pest control people to check it out, and sure enough-termites!! Well, sounds like the process will be pretty uneventful for us. Some spraying outside, shouldn't be dangerous for the kiddos. I asked the guy about a gazillion questions about termites, brown recluses, crickets, etc. Turns out that termites don't sprout wings and fly away until they've been eating away at your house for 5 years! My favorite part: The guy was looking under rocks for termites and what do you know? Two snakes! Right by our front porch! Wow! They were tiny and apparently (hopefully) harmless. The guy caught one for me and took it far away, but the other slithered away. Yikes. I have no problem with snakes in general, but the possibility of poisonous snakes biting my children was a bit frightening.

2 Comments:
And you wonder what I have against Tennessee?
At least you have competent pest control folk. Did Amara get to see the snake?
CREEPY!!! We had termites in our apt. in Davis. We thought we just had big ants in our bedroom for the longest time (as everyone has ants in Davis), and one day about a million came flying out of a crack in the wall. It was horrible. We had the pest control guy come do whatever it is they do. It worked great...no more termites AND no more ants.
Post a Comment
<< Home