
Today was the
176th Annual General Conference for
The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-Day Saints. Here's how Amara spent her day. Well, it was about 15 minutes of the 4 hours of conference, but I was amused. As soon as I explained it to her, she ran and put on her princess dress (I believe she thinks the fact that its a dress qualifies it as church attire.) Then I found her sitting on her bench with her family like she was at church. She added the goldfish snack, like she was at the movies or something. I did miss having
BYU-TV via Dish Network, but listening via the Internet works pretty well, too.

The weather was beautiful again today. Here are the kiddos after dinner, which we ate out back. I'm thinking that my new favorite time of day may be early morning. I'm hesitant to say that because I usually have night owl tendencies, but I now have two kids that regularly wake up between 6 and 7, so I've gotten used to getting up early. I think the pregnancy with Ethan sort of switched me up again for awhile, since I often felt a bit gross in the morning and wasn't too eager to get up. But now, I'm back to feeling good in the mornings again. This morning we spent about an hour out on the front porch chalking and playing, and it was so beautiful and relaxing. Cool breeze, dewy grass.... And no mosquitos! Perhaps cool mornings can replace my summer nights during the sweltering Tennessee summers (since it doesn't ever get so cool at night). We'll see! Now if I can just get myself to go to bed at a reasonable hour, the transition to morning bird will be complete. (I've been working on that one for years unsuccessfully.)
0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home