
The weather has been great the last couple days, so we decided to do some gardening. Is it too early? I have no idea. I was in the mood and we went for it. We planted lots of zinnia seeds (thanks Mom H) and a few sunflowers and herbs, too. Amara was a very eager helper. She put the dirt in the pots, planted and watered the seeds, and put the pots out back. She also put lots of seeds in the ground. Here are a couple of amusing things she did/said: I told her to go get some shoes on since she was going to venture out into the garden. She disappeared into the house for awhile and returned with a bread tin on each foot. Hmmm. Not particularly functional, but perhaps a new trend? Trust me, you'll be seeing this in all the coolest stores soon.

She also opened up a couple seed packets and planted the seeds, but when she opened the packet for thyme, she looked inside and said questioningly, "More dirt?" The seeds are tiny and do look just like dirt.

Thanks Moms for the pretty flowers we've got blooming now. They planted bulbs when they were here in November.
3 Comments:
we talk about gardening a lot now- I'm eager to grow fruits and veggies, and E knows that's a project for when we find a new house, so he likes talking about that.
Glad you had fun- little kids are cool, when they're big enough to talk and help out :)
Amara "kills me." She is so funny. I would like to have seen the bread tin shoes.
Buppa - like your picture! And you can sort of see the "shoes" in the first picture.
Post a Comment
<< Home