Mar 23, 2006

Back to the Grind... :)

Our trip back to Tennessee was pretty uneventful, which is how we like it. I was a little bitter at first that Alan wasn't going to be able to pick us up at the airport, but it all went fine, and he called to check up on us, so it turned out fine. Even with Alan there, we have a hard time managing two kids, two carseats, and luggage. The kids did great on the plane, we sat by a super friendly guy who played with Amara, held Ethan awhile, and kept us entertained with stories of his family and days as a paramedic. It worked out great for us - its terrible to sit by someone when you feel like you're annoying them the whole time! Alan even made it home in time to see everyone before bed, despite his seminar!

Today however, was a different story. Ethan was incredibly grumpy, and Amara was sweet except she could not remember to stay away from Ethan's bed as I was putting him down.... He was pretty tired, would fall asleep, I'd go put him down and Amara would come in and squeal - now he's awake and not happy about it! This happened about 4 times, and he was having trouble sleeping anyways....add that to his teething issues and the cold he's getting over...enter grumpy Ethan. I was getting worried for awhile, but he's been much happier tonight, so I'm optimistic for tomorrow!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home