Mar 29, 2006

My kids are geniuses

Today we spent some time chalking, and Amara wrote her name! Genius material. Here are a few of her other recent creations:
After watching Chicken Little on DVD, she told me we should cut open the tv, climb inside, glue it shut, but stay away from the aliens with the sharp legs.
She's also very into making up names for things. She told me the other day that she'd like to get me a kitty for my birthday. And this kitty's name will be: Foof, or Golagood. Whatever. Its all gibberish. Sometimes she hits on a winner, but a lot of times the name is forgotten soon after its created.
Today we were walking through Target and I overheard a conversation she was having with herself: "Can we get some candy? Waa waa waa. I appreciate that." Come to think of it, maybe she was "talking" with Ethan, and the waas were his response...? The "appreciate" was pretty amusing to hear from her.
Poor girl is in her bed right now coughing in her sleep. Where did that come from? I just went in to give her some cough suppressant so she can sleep a little. It didn't go too well. She was sleeping like a rock, and when I finally moved her around enough to wake her up, she was not impressed by the sugary orange syrup I was shoving in her mouth. Did I get enough for it to be effective? I have no idea, but I hope so. Otherwise, tomorrow will be whiny.

Ethan has been exhibiting the occasional giggle. No guffaws yet though. He's quite the smiler/flirt these days. I'm curious to see if he stays that way or becomes more wary like his sister did - and still is!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home