
Well, today we were again bombarded with tornado warnings. This time, it actually went through our area, but we only got hail for about 3 minutes. We spent a little time in our basement, and ate some good sized chunks of hail.

Guess what we noticed: No mail today. I'd say its completely forgivable to forgo mail delivery when there's a chance of being pelted by hail, struck by lightening, or whisked away by a tornado, BUT what about the famous, "through rain, sleet or snow..."? True, tornado, hail and lightening are not specifically mentioned, but is this a comprehensive list, or is it intended to make a point? My faith in the postal system is wavering.

I'm even reminded of Newman, stashing weeks of mail in Kramer's shared storage closet, and Jerry delivering that mail in an attempt to get Newman a promotion to Hawaii...
3 Comments:
Wow, that's big hail! Glad you are ok. Mom and I were worried.
Love the shoes! I have fond memories of Amara's little strawberry Robeez. Wish they made them big enough for adults.
Ethan looks so happy in his saucer. So amazing how fast kids grow!
Scary! I was thinking about you guys with this crazy weather. The severe weather just missed us, last time. I'm so afraid of tornados...I never thought I'd live somewhere that I'd have to worry about them. John was out of town the last time there was a tornado watch all night. Needless to say I didn't get much sleep all night. I didn't want to fall asleep and not hear the tornado warning siren.
Post a Comment
<< Home