Happy Birthday to me!
Today was my birthday - I'm an old and miserly 28. It was a pretty normal, and very nice day. I got some very thoughtful gifts (THANK YOU!!), and I'm looking forward to lots of projects, trips to the zoo, etc. And thanks again for the flowers, Alan, even though they haven't arrived yet! I'm more of a cookie fan than a cake fan, so we decided to do cookies instead of cake. Of course we couldn't find our birthday candles, so Alan stuck a tea candle on top of the cookies and he and Amara sang to me! It was sweet to hear those two sing together. Ethan also sang to me... waa waa waa waa. Amara's been cracking up about that all week-the idea of him crying to the tune of Happy Birthday.

6 Comments:
happy birthday!
Hey, Happy Birthday! Mine was on the 19th and Chrissy, wasn't yours on the 11th? We are all January babies. Sweet. I'm glad you had a nice day =)
Chantal, I was wondering about yours, but you never mentioned it on your blog.
Oops. Chantel.
Aah, my birthday. Well the day before my birthday was so completely horrible that I wanted to go to bed and never wake up. "Can't we just skip my birthday?" I thought. But I woke up feeling refreshed and ended up having a lovely day. Austin made me french pancakes for breakfast and bought me a super cute non-pregnant outfit, and as soon as he woke up Owen ran to bring me his present, a picture he had drawn, complete with wrapping paper. Becky and Danny brought me dessert and sang to me, Jaden and Danny sang to me on the playground and gave me pictures from Jaden, Cheryl baked cookies, and we later went out to dinner. Not bad! I actually felt very special from all the little things people did. Birthdays are nice that way.
Happy Birthday to all you January Babies!
Post a Comment
<< Home