Jan 21, 2006

The Great Outdoors

It was a clear and brisk day here in Tennessee today, so we enjoyed some outside time. Amara spent most of her time shoving her doll stroller with Daphne inside down our long driveway in the back. She laughs histerically the whole time, especially when the stroller makes it all the way down the driveway and crashes into the garbage can. She also spent awhile riding her trike, and has finally learned how to pedal pretty well, though she was a little nervous about the driveway's incline. She kept climbing on backwards. Just being kooky, I think. She also offered Ethan a ride in her little yellow basket on the back. I think she's still dreaming of her wagon ride back in California over Christmas. She noticed our Chrismas tree stand still outside and full of water, and she told me that Robinhood helped Jesus fill it with water to kill the spiders inside. Interesting spider-fighting team, don't you think? I finally got a good look at a Cardinal - very pretty! And tons of squirrels and other birds. And I saw a neighbor beating a giant rug. Hmmm. Interesting. Although the lack of fencing does result in a loss of some privacy, it makes our yard feel a bit woodsy, which I love.

2 Comments:

At 10:21 AM, Blogger Natalie said...

I love picturing the view from your yard. I am still hoping to see a cardinal here too. John saw one and said it was the most beautiful bird ever.
We get alot of bunnies in our yard here and I'm sure a few deer (we've seen the tracks), and a few other creatures. I got a picture of an opposum (at least I think that's what it was) on my patio...I'll have to post it on my blog soon.

 
At 4:14 PM, Blogger Bluebell said...

We always used to beat our rugs out in Idaho (where I was born). Is that a country thing or something? I admit I've never seen anyone around here doing it. So how big was the cardinal? Comparable to a scrub jay or so? It's gorgeous here in Davis today. Windy, but clear and beautiful.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home