The Next Generation of Shopaholics....?
Well, today we did some shopping at Wal-Mart and things went fine, as they usually do. Though I must confess that I feel a sense of urgency when I shop with my two kids. I've got to hurry up and get out of here before someone has a melt-down! I guess the real problem arises if I need to nurse Ethan while pushing a cart-not so easy, right? Well, we went to our local grocery store the other day and they have these mini shopping carts. In my world, I assume they must be for kids to pretend shop...? I could be wrong here, but I have a 3 year-old that insisted on shopping with her own cart. Well, I only needed a few things so Amara became my personal shopper! Woo hoo! She must've decided to pick up a few things of her own. While I was getting laundry detergent, she hoisted a gallon jug of bleach into the cart. How did she do that? I didn't even notice until later. A clerk even approached and asked if I needed help. I was probably breaking child labor laws, but Amara had fun!

4 Comments:
Those little carts are great. But the only place I know of with them is the Davis food co-op :(
So usually E carries a basket, but at this age he would love to push a little cart.
Everett loves those carts. But you're right, the only problem is that once I get to the checkout line, there are all sorts of random items....mostly snack boxes that have any number of characters on them (scooby-do, spiderman, dora, etc.).
I think those are super cute but I'm glad the Safeway we shop at doesn't have them--Owen would NEVER listen to me for a minute. I still make him ride in the cart, huge as he is. He sits in the large part of the basket and I put groceries all around him. Occasionally I'll let him ride on the side of cart or something, but he's just the kind of kid who won't stay with me AND has to touch every single thing he sees. Drives me nuts.
Amara always complains that I'm squishing her when she rides in the big part. Actually, she only complains when I AM squishing her! During the aforementioned Wal-Mart trip, I had groceries, plus other random stuff, then bought a big pillow. Only her head was sticking out of the whole basket! She walked by the cart after that. Sorry kiddo.
Post a Comment
<< Home