
Many of you may not know that Alan likes to cook, is quite good at it, and has developed somewhat of an obsession with various kitchen gadgets. His latest addition is an ice cream maker, which we used for the first time last night! We decided to go for vanilla first to test it out, and I must say its quite tasty. Amara seems to think so, too! Another recent addition seems rather appropriate considering our new place of residence - a deep freyer. I've been resisting this one for a long time, but I finally gave in and got one for Christmas for Alan. It appears I've been influenced by my exposure to southern cooking...??
5 Comments:
How funny! I bought a deep freyer for Austin for Christmas, too. It was because of all those guy nights they do--Jon Ahlstrom always brings one. Austin would come home talking about it every time. He likes the french fries but I'm all about cream cheese jalapeno poppers. Yum. I must say I love having a guy who can and does cook. My grandpa once queried, "how's she ever gonna get a man?!!" and I retorted that I would find one who would cook for me--and I did!
You know-I think that's when Alan first got his inspiration. Homemade donuts made by the guys at S. Park.
That is too funny. Why is it so taboo to buy a deep fryer? Deep down I've always wanted one too, but have been too "cool and health-conscious" to buy one (not really, but I like to think I am). I think I'm going to give in one of these days being that my new food obsession is Japanese food. Can't have Tempura without deep frying it!! Once John and I were making tempura and he decided to dip a piece of string cheese in the batter and fry it. It was disgustingly delicious! I admit I salivate at the smell of greasy fried foods. If you think about it, really, anything is good deep fried.
Natalie, that's hilarious. Have you heard of the famous deep-fried twinkies at California's state fair? It sounds gross, yet delicious. I haven't tried one, but now I can make my own greasy preservative-laden treat!
Yes, I've heard of those, and always wanted to try one, but never did. They also do deep-fried snickers candy bars too. I can't even imagine how many calories are in that!
Post a Comment
<< Home