Growing up...
Well, Amara has now gone to her little Sunday School class at church (Sunbeams) by herself for 3 weeks! And she seems to really like it. Today she even had a different teacher that she didn't know at all, and she did just fine. Granted, she's quiet, but going on her own is a big deal. We hear that she's anxious to participate, until she's called on. Then she won't talk. Sigh. Though we hear she's opening up a little when she's in her small class. I just hope she learns to enjoy being social with other kids. I was just thinking of how she's growing up so much! Yesterday she woke up a little early in the morning, and we were going out in the evening, so I thought I'd try to get her to take a nap (which she hasn't been doing for about 3 months now). I held her on my lap and rocked her in the rocking chair for awhile. Just three months ago we were doing this every day at naptime, but now she seems to think its a little funny! She's still a snuggly girl, but she doesn't seem to need to snuggle with the same intensity. She's becoming more independent and doing more things all the time. I guess that's a continuous process with kids, but I've noticed more of a jump ahead lately. Ethan's also doing great and changing so fast. He is quite a talker -all kinds of cute gurgles and smiles all the time. He stands up and looks around if I hold onto his hands, and he seems so old. He is so much fun!
Today Amara did a little enhancement of Ethan's hanging mobile. Check it out.

1 Comments:
I love those pictures, Kristina. Can't believe Ethan is strong enough to stand. I can picture Amara in Primary leaning forward with anticipation then sitting back in her chair when she's called on. It's great she is going by herself though. It won't be long before she is speaking up and debating her teachers as Alan did.
We sure miss you guys.
Love, Dad
Post a Comment
<< Home