The Myth Club
Do you believe in Superheroes? Ghosts?
Chances are good that if you've been over to our house in the last 6 months you've been asked this question. And you have to really believe, as my kids do, if you want to be a member of the Myth Club.
Their clubhouse is handily located in the closet under our stairs, and secretly located around the corner and out of sight are plans made by my little superheroes, all of which are located on the PLAN WALL.
We also have badges, or maybe they're more like membership cards with job descriptions written on them.
This one is Ethan's. His name is on the other side. Amara's says something like "President and Boss" on it. Classic!
Sadly, the Myth Club may be at a bit of a crossroads. Two nights ago, Amara whispered to me, "I don't know if I believe in superheroes anymore. I've never seen one."
She's still conflicted, and wants to believe. However, I saw her drawing out plans for club suits and membership cards for "The Animal Safety Club," so maybe she's got a back up plan.

5 Comments:
Seriously you have the funniest, most creative, cleaver kids. Really- the stories they tell and come up with are sooo funny!!! LOVE it!!!
I can't tell you how much I love the superhero picture with the 2 people suspended over a pit/water. There is an awful lot going on in that picture. It makes me smile.
I just hearing about all the stuff those two do with each other. They are about the same age apart as Rae and Blaise and those two are going through a rough patch right now. Rae is too mature to do the stuff Blaise wants to do and Blaise isn't willing to go along with Rae's ideas. But they used to play well together so I'm hoping this will pass.
Ugh, that was me, not The Husband. And that first line should have read "I just love hearing...." I think maybe I shouldn't comment on people's blogs so early in the morning.
Ashley- We have some of the same problems. Amara will agree to play some of Ethan's games so that he'll play hers, but then when its time to play hers, he doesn't follow through. It frustrating for all of us. I just love these times when they can really enjoy each other. I hope they're always big buddies.
Post a Comment
<< Home