Baptism and Birthday
So many things to catch up on, no idea where to start....
Amara got baptized last month.
Its hard for me to believe that I have an 8 year-old already. She had been waiting patiently for this day for awhile. In fact, in January of last year, the Primary (basically, church class for kids) had a special meeting for all the kids that would turn 8 during the year. Since her birthday's in December, she got baptized the first Saturday in January a whole year later! That meeting got her thinking though, and she was ready when the time came. We had a ton of familial support, and some great friends were there, too.
When we got home, Amara wrote a few things in her journal about the day. I peeked at it expecting to find some profound words, and found this: I went under the water and I felt wet because I got dunked.
Well, that was only part of what she wrote, and some of her thoughts were more in line with what I expected, but still - it made me laugh.In other news, I had a birthday and am now receiving on a regular basis advertisements from Medicaid brokers. Also, I am apparently qualified for a scooter from The Scooter Store. Daily, exasperated repetition of the phrase, "I'm only 33, not 65!!" reminded me that I am, in fact, only 33 and not old, even though 33 sounds older to me than I'm ready to be.

2 Comments:
Is hard for me to believe that you have an 8 year old, you are only a few years older than me! I laughed so hard at Amara's recollection of her baptism, what a cute kid.
I think the ads from the Scooter Store were meant for me.
Post a Comment
<< Home