This year's pumpkin carving moved along pretty smoothly, but I sensed a possible crisis when I was presented with this:

If you look closely, you'll see an array of lines, painstakingly drawn by Ethan, outlining the features of his soon to be jack o'lantern. First thought that occurred to me: Not possible. Second thought: How much horror and distress are we in for if I misinterpret his face here?

Fortunately the instructions gained clarity as we went along, and the finished product included a werewolf jack o'lantern and a happy boy.

The scariest part of Halloween for Amara is pictured above. She overcame her fears this year though and pulled out at least some of the pumpkin guts. She completely designed and carved her own pumpkin - a cute puppy. I realized just now that I don't have any fantastic pictures of her carved pumpkin, probably because it was carved with great care and deliberation (in typical Amara fashion) and was therefore finished much later than Ethan's.

Here's the final shot, complete with evil-looking child.

Goo. Cool.
1 Comments:
Fun posts! Your kids are a hoot.
Post a Comment
<< Home