Will I Ever Catch Up?
Sigh. Will I ever catch up on the blog again? I miss the updates I used to do on more of the details of our lives. Now, I'm just so far behind I just put up whatever random stuff I can think of when I sit down. So, here goes.
Wildlife:
We found this lovely tarantula on our sidewalk out front recently. He's dead, so we got to inspect him. I thought he was pretty cool. The creepier thing was finding a dead bunny laying in our backyard, then going out the next morning to put the bunny in its final resting place, and finding it gone. I'm still curious about that. What killed the bunny and how did it disappear? We have a fence that's more like bars, so only small things can squeeze through, and I can't really think of anything that could jump over the top.
School! How can it have started already? Its the beginning of August people! Apparently our school district didn't get the memo that the appropriate time to start school is the day after Labor Day. We're still mostly homeschooling - Ethan's home everyday (Kindergarten already??), and Amara's in a 2 day a week program. They're both wearing their uniforms here for Orientation day. So far, we're enjoying the school. Ethan goes into shy mode when he get around his teacher and new kids. Strange for me since he's so chatty at home.
On another note, I have yet to locate our iron or toothbrush chargers. I always think everything I pack will show up pretty quickly and don't put too much thought into where I put everything. You'd think I'd have learned by now how very wrong that assumption is.

4 Comments:
Oh, how I would love a 2 day a week program for Rae. I really want to have her home with me and we are homeschooling this year, but a couple days away from her a week would be heavenly!
MAYBE the tarantula (bleck,even writing the name gives me the heebie jeebies) bit and killed the bunny. It then dragged it off, hiding it, so as to eat it at it's leisure, only to then die of a heart attack from the exertion. I'm not saying it happened that way, I'm just following the clues.
Melanie--you just gave me nightmares. . .
Kristina--I too have a deeply imbedded belief that school starts the day after labor day. But all our local schools start earlier. And I love that you have community nap time on your lawn. I applaud your forward thinking.
I hope you are caught up soon - and the tarantula was fun to see! -love, Amara.
Post a Comment
<< Home