May 9, 2010

Nerdy, but cute?

We took one last run to Disneyland last week with my parents. (I'm sure it won't really be our last run. Its just that our passes are expiring, and we're going to let them lapse for a little while.) Anyway, Amara had just been gifted this cute pink purse from Alan, and she insisted on bringing it along. Inside was a book about princesses and cheese and cracker snacks for her and Ethan. Every time we sat down for a break, this girl whipped out her book and read. I secretly loved that she was enjoying her book enough that she felt the need to read at every opportunity. Still, reading at Disneyland? It was seriously cracking me up.

Updated: I almost forgot to mention Ethan's alter ego from this day at Disneyland. He wore 2 pairs of underwear, and deemed himself "The Underwear Creep." He later claimed that it was intended to scare the crowd in the Haunted Mansion, but I'm fairly confident that the HM hadn't actually occurred to him when he got dressed for the day. (Un???)Fortunately, no picture of that one. Today, he spent all afternoon in a T-Shirt, undies and socks pulled up to his knees. It was an awesome "Risky Business" look.

5 Comments:

At 9:41 AM, Blogger Sarah said...

This is so cute, Amara is such a smart girl, and she's not afraid to show it.

 
At 11:03 AM, Blogger sarah said...

Goes to show that homeschooling is working!!!

 
At 3:00 PM, Blogger Eric & Aimei Phillips said...

TOTALLY NERDY...but being nerdy rocks, right?!?! Happy mothers' day, Hopper!!!

 
At 6:20 PM, Blogger Belle of the Blues said...

Nerdy is the new cool. Go Amara! I'll take a book over Disneyland any day.

 
At 7:20 AM, Blogger melanie said...

Us booknerds have to stick together! Love that girl!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home