Earthquake
The kids are in their rooms mapping out an emergency plan. So far, it includes huddling on the bottom bunk with treasured stuffed animals, a gumball machine, and piggy banks because "money is really important." Ethan just announced that Amara can sleep with him "every night if an earthquake's on." Phew!
Anyway, 6.9, epicenter in Baja, California, no damage reported yet. It shook quite a bit, and it seemed like a long time - 30 seconds or more? News reports are just starting to come out, and I'm watching and hoping their wasn't damage down in Baja.
Years ago when we had the 6.7 (is that right?) in the Bay Area, I remember the earthquake seeming big, but fun, and feeling very guilty about enjoying it when I found out later that people had been hurt and killed.
Amara just ran into her room with a stack full of plates and cups. I'd better go reign this in....
Update: Earthquake upgraded to a 7.2. Lots more happening in CA.

2 Comments:
I totally remember that earthquake...I ran around the house trying to save my parents' expensive vases. I hope all is well with you guys!
I love it, they have lots of treasures that need protecting! They make me laugh:)
Post a Comment
<< Home