Steps to Greatness
Yesterday Amara and Ethan informed me that they have new plans for their future. I'm not sure if Ethan had a plan that he's dropped, but Amara has abandoned hopes of being a nurse, dentist and dancer so they can both be superheroes. I haven't been able to ascertain yet whether they really believe that superhero is a viable career option. Once they consider dropping out of school, or tell me that they don't need to know calculus in order to defeat the bad guy, maybe I'll have to force them to stare reality in the face. Or maybe I'll just remind them that Superheroes need to be smart, too. Tony Stark would still be in some cave if he didn't have smarts. And welding skills. And think of Batman. He's got to stay on top of a billion cool cutting edge gadgets, and keep his company going. Phew. Glad I sorted that one through. This could be great motivation to learn a variety of skills. Enough rambling. Here is the path to superhero status:
This is how Ethan laid it out for me, holding up his fingers as he rattled off the steps. I'll put his plans in parentheses.
Step 1: Choose a name (Glow)
Step 2: Take Karate
Step 3: Choose a vehicle (Helicopter)
Step 4: If you want to be protected, get a shield.
Step 5: If you want to be able to see in the dark, get a light. (Torch)
Step 6: Get a suit (3 suits- orange, yellow, red)
Step 7: Get a symbol (3 symbols, one on each suit- lava, sun, fire)
Amara's going to be on his team, her plans are just less specific at this point. She does have a name though: Sirkeltina.
Careful Glow, don't reveal all your moves - you've got an audience. (And a couple making out in the background. I didn't notice that at first!!!)

5 Comments:
Hey, Ethan stole MY plan!
What a funny guy.
Actually, this has inspired me. I'm going to work on a plan for "greatness" too.
I love this! I want to be a superhero...I miss you guys. And your kids are so big now! and so cute. I love looking at pictures to see how much they grow! Your baby is a super cutie. Take care!!
My super name isn't spelled Serkltina. It's spelled
Circlentina.
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Thanks, Amara. You were in bed when I wrote this so I had to guess!
Post a Comment
<< Home