Jan 16, 2010

The ABCs, Marriage and Babies

Prepare yourself for three completely unrelated topics that I'll be delving into here.

First of all, yesterday was our 10 year anniversary. Ten years! That's very close to 1/3 of my life now, which has been spent with Alan. We kept things very low key, as we often do, and I couldn't help but think how nice it is to be with someone who's so very easy going about so much of life. We jokingly talked about what we "should" be getting each other, postulating that the 10th anniversary is paper. I don't get this whole anniversary gift chart thing that exists. Does anyone actually consult it? And if they did, would anyone feel that the suggestion has any worth whatsoever? Paper??!! Later, I looked up anniversary gifts and discovered that paper is actually the suggested gift for the first anniversary. I was sure that the 10th anniversary would be something much more grand, and felt that maybe I was too hasty in deriding the system.... Until I discovered that the 10 year suggestion is tin. Or aluminum. What? I did get some beautiful red roses, which I prefer to both paper and tin and aluminum. Sadly, I have no pictures of Alan and I taken in the last few months. I need to start handing the camera over to the kids more...


My second topic is Mathis. Yesterday I took him in for his 2 month appointment. He's still gigantic, apparently (The nurse actually said, "I can't wait to see how much he weighs! Ha!"). He weighs 15 #, 8oz, and he's 21.5 inches long. He also got round 1 of his immunizations. Fortunately so far, his only side effect has been an extra long nap afterwards.
This is a good one showcasing his size. He was really enjoying kicking and pushing here, so he's sort of standing on the part where his bum is supposed to be.

Topic three: Yesterday, Amara spent the afternoon writing the alphabet on these strips of paper and stapling them together for Ethan. I thought it would make a great chart for the wall, but Amara had other plans: a sash. Here's Ethan modeling it for me. Good times.

5 Comments:

At 4:51 PM, Blogger Eric & Aimei Phillips said...

O.k., that's crazy that you guys have been married for 10 years...how is that possible...are we that old? I knew 10 years wasn't paper...year one is paper...eric got me paper lilies...the whole gift thing is lame anyways...congratulations...you guys are the best.

 
At 7:03 AM, Blogger Raging Wombat said...

10 years! Congratulations! We keep trying to catch up with you, but to no avail...

 
At 6:39 PM, Blogger Melanie said...

I am so loving the ABC sash! I can't believe how much older Mathis already looks and he's so stinkin cute! Miss you guys a ton!!

 
At 7:36 PM, Blogger Julie said...

Those dimples are to die for! I can't believe he is 15 pounds. Josie is 16. Crazy! By the way your 2 older kids sound like they get along so well, I love it!

 
At 9:21 AM, Blogger Emily said...

Kristina,
I haven't been this way for awhile and am happy to see your darling baby! What a cutie! And I love his name. Congratulations on your anniversary as well. I hope to see you and your family soon.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home