Dec 20, 2009

Birthday Girl

My little girl turned 7 on Friday. SEVEN! Seriously, somehow kids make the time go faster. Maybe its the fact that they change so quickly - so much changes in such a short amount of time. Amara really is a fun, sweet, thoughtful little girl. I feel so lucky to have her as my daughter.

We had a pretty mellow day at home. She opened her presents early in the morning, then spend the entire day enjoying all her games and projects. Yay for the creators of the LEGO games. We now have Batman, Indiana Jones and Star Wars. Ethan won't play them himself for some reason, but he always wants Amara to play so he can watch. Hopefully her enthusiasm will be rekindled by a new game!

She requested potstickers for her birthday dinner. To make things a little fancier, and for Ethan's sake (since he won't even try potstickers) we added Top Ramen.

So, has anyone ever read the blog Cake Wrecks? When I first heard of it, I wondered what in the world could be so entertaining about cakes. Who would read that regularly? I'm here to confess that I do, and I'm not ashamed. Its hilarious. Now, I don't consider this a cake wreck at all. It was lovingly designed by an enthusiastic 7 year-old who loves sprinkles. However, when I started the frosting process, I saw some potential for wreckage, since the frosting I made was a little on the thin side and the chocolate cake was showing through (On a side note: All mocked cakes on Cake Wrecks are the products of professional bakers). Fortunately, Amara's decor disguised my too thin frosting, and it was tasty.
Getting ready to blow out the candles. Happy Birthday, Amara!!



3 Comments:

At 10:14 PM, Blogger Sarah said...

Happy Birthday Amara! She's adorable and I love her cake. We miss you guys.

 
At 6:40 AM, Blogger Melanie said...

Happy Birthday Amara!! You rock!! So this means I should probably go back to the Apple store and brush up on some more Wii lego game skills huh?

 
At 2:34 PM, Blogger BanAnna said...

I too am a cake wrecks fan. The first time I browsed the site I was crying I was laughing so hard. Good times!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home