Nov 23, 2009

A Beast Among Babies

Well, its already been over a week that Mathis has been here with us. Its hard to believe its already been over a week, but also hard to imagine life without him - like he's always been part of our family. He had a doctor's appointment last Friday as a follow up. You know how babies lose a little weight after birth and should regain their birth weight by 2 weeks old? Guess what Mathis weighed at 4 days old - 9 pounds! He was 8 # 12 oz at birth, so he's already following in his siblings' footsteps to chubby babyhood. I also got the question that I believe I've heard with each baby - "How big is his dad?"

The nurse in the delivery room also commented on his huge noggin'. Its like an orange on a toothpick! She didn't really say that, but she did say that 37 cm was the biggest she'd seen, so his 35 cm was pretty big. Whatever - he looks perfectly well proportioned to me!

Pictures of Mathis:



4 Comments:

At 5:54 PM, Blogger Sarah said...

Mathis looks perfect. I think is always better to have a big baby than a little one right? At least you know he is healthy. These pictures are super cute.

 
At 6:17 AM, Blogger Melanie said...

Lol, "He'll be cryin himself to sleep on his giant pilla!" I love that movie. He is SO cute, isn't it so funny how fast they just assimilate with the rest of the group?? I'm itchin to hold him!!

 
At 7:27 AM, Blogger the letter "J" said...

He is so cute!!! Congrats to the both of you!

 
At 3:16 PM, Blogger The Sweet Lovin' Cynthia said...

so cute! congrats:)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home