Staking claims
Here's the "conversation" I'm hearing in the kids' room right now (I say "conversation" because both participants are voiced by Ethan):Jacamo (A bunny named years ago by another family member): Dragon-e, Why did you steal my baby?
Dragon-e (You can probably guess, especially if you're familiar with Ethan's naming tendencies, that this is a stuffed dragon): Because I wanted a baby!
Jacamo: Why didn't you wait until your mom could have your own baby?
Dragon-e: Because I wanted it right now!
I heard him explaining to Amara afterward that the baby really did belong to Jacamo, and that it was named Dragon-o by Dragon-e when he kidnapped it.
Lately, a baby has been incorporated into Ethan's pretend play. Generally, he's trying to rescue the baby, which usually beglongs to him, from some evil nemesis who's stolen it away.
Lately, a baby has been incorporated into Ethan's pretend play. Generally, he's trying to rescue the baby, which usually beglongs to him, from some evil nemesis who's stolen it away.
He's already called me evil and tried to assert himself as Mathis' rightful owner. So far, he's been unable to overcome my defenses, but I'm going to have to start watching my back.

3 Comments:
Funny story. Your bigger kids are getting so big, and Mathis is down right adorable! Are you still homeschooling?
You are so funny, Hopper...I know the posts are about your kids and how funny they are...but I totally see you in all of their funny ways!
Replies would be nice, wouldn't they? Yes! We're still homeschooling. We have a great charter-type school in our area that caters to homeschoolers. Have you been happy with Owen's school experience? He seems to have adjusted well...
Post a Comment
<< Home