Jul 24, 2010

Things Coming Together

Amara's been able to ride her bike for over a year (I think?) but because of where we were living before, it was a bit of an ordeal to get out and practice. Now we've got a nice cul-de-sac and sidewalks! Amazing!
Within a couple of days out there, she went from being capable of riding to being comfortable riding. She can get herself going, brake comfortably and ride up and down the driveways. I saw her working on riding standing up the other day. Ethan, too has dramatically improved his skills on his big wheel and two wheeler (with training wheels). He doesn't seem quite as motivated as Amara is about biking, but I think he'll get there soon. Having a different set up and more space has made a huge difference.

Alan worked hard one weekend a few weeks ago to get this fun playground put together.

When we were considering moving inland, many people warned us that its SO HOT! I'd like to report that so far, we've had a few very hot days, but mostly, its manageable. It feels like summer, yes, but it cools off nicely at night usually, and Alan and I have survived plenty of hot summers in the central valley in the past. I know its less than obvious from this picture, but a week or so ago we had a crazy thunderstorm in the middle of a hot summer day. The wind picked up and rain came down, complete with thunder and lightening. It felt so out of place that I felt somewhat freaked out - not sure why. We had plenty of thunder storms in Tennessee when we were there. At least there was no accompanying tornado warning here.

1 Comments:

At 5:13 PM, Blogger Eric & Aimei Phillips said...

Dude,
Alan, I'm super impressed...you've got mad skills...I miss you guys!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home