Nov 17, 2010

Birthday Boy #1

Sweet little Ethan turned 5 this week. Five! This is my new favorite thing to do: The yearly birthday picture so I can marvel at how much he's changed and how cute he is.

Ok, so he's not truly newborn in this picture. He's one month old, but its the earliest I have on my computer.


One.


Two.


Three.


Four.


Five!
Cute buddies.

This year's cake request was Harry Potter fighting a dinosaur. Seriously. I thought - how did we get to this point? My kids really think I might consider attempting this? When they were babies, I'd see a cute idea for a cake and, if it looked reasonably easy I'd attempt it. Now they think I can make anything and every year I'm trying to figure out how to make a cake to suit their wild imaginings. So, I had a moment of clarity and remembered that a cake's main purpose is to taste delicious, and the wild and crazy decorating ideas can be realized with posters, balloons and whatever other materials can be procured, ok? So quit bringing up the Harry Potter dinosaur thing because its not happening! I like baking, but I really don't have much of a knack for cake decorating, and if the decoration requires the frosting be made in such a way that its taste is marginal, my enthusiasm for the project wanes considerably. So, we ate chocolate cake, but played Harry Potter games and all was well.

1 Comments:

At 1:58 PM, Blogger Melanie said...

So cute!! I miss these kids dearly, they are growing up way too fast!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home